{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 22 Sep 2018 01:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: thats me done harry
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2013 19:54 

Lt Lt

well harry ive done my share, now its your turn. tell us about your teenage years,, THATS IF YOU CAN REMEMBER THAT FAR BACK. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: thats me done harry
PostPosted: 07 Jun 2013 21:26 

F/CPO F/CPO

Well my teenage years involved school, The Mob, and getting as much sex as
I could around the world.
I had two trips out the Far East whilst in my teens. I was involved in the troubles
in Cyprus, Malaya, and Iceland whilst in my teens.
I was a keen sportsman playing rugby, and soccer.
Never got a dose in my teens, and became an addict for Pussers rum.
Hows that Mick?

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013 08:17 

Lt Lt

just as i thought what a sad life you had as a teenager. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2013 21:23 

F/CPO F/CPO

I know, its terrible on what we missed out on as youngsters.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013 08:23 

CPO CPO

I've found out recently, that all my old mates, at least the ones still alive, are now paying through the nose for trips to all the places we travelled to for our stint at doing our service for the "QUEEN".

My early commission's were all at least a year, then 2 1/2 years etc and so on like we all got and it was exactly what we wanted at the time.

Meanwhile our mates slotted into their routine of dancing on Friday night, Saturday night and sunday, but after a year or so it became a humdrum existence, and they used to moan when I came home on leave, a quid in my pocket and all of Jacks wants and needs i.e. Wine women and song and chased after it 7 days a week and boy were they envious.

One in Particular, he was my best mate, a baker by trade, had to leave the dancing at 2359 to go up and flash up the ovens for the next days baking, he had the sense to buy a huge insurance policy for when he retired, he came into a 1/2 a million, now he travels the world but is too infirm to enjoy it like we did when we went ashore in all these exotic places, and some not so conducive to a great run ashore, as I said though, any run ashore was a good run ashore, I never had a bad one.

Back to my mates, who all saved like hell to be able to travel when they retired, out of the seven of us close mates, 5 have kicked the bucket, don't know if they qualify for the "BAR" like us matelots do. But the two who are still alive, they have both a lady friend, don't know if it was the "MOOLLA" that spurred on the romance, or if it's genuine feelings, one I think it is, she was the wife of another one who died, so they are loaded, but OHHHHH!!!!! what they missed when they were young and able for anything, now though they get about, they have admitted they wished they had joined when I joined .

So my teenager days were spent in heavenly bliss and after a many a short step forward, took my cap off and waited on the big man having a heart to heart conversation with me, full well knowing that it was complete bullshit I was telling him, but he listened, so I honestly can say I had an in depth chat with every Ships Captain that I served under. Even made it to one Admiral Le Fanu, of the Bubbly dismisal fame. Got off it as well.

Even with they way I have finished up, my journey through life, more than made up for it OGGIE,OGGIE,OGGIE.

pingbosun

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2013 19:56 

Lt Lt

when you look back on time , and think just how fast the time as gone,,you hear the young of today,,the worst saying i hear is IM BORED, HOW THE BLOODY HELL CAN A TEENAGER BE BORED.as a teenager i went to work 5 or 6 days aweek down below ground not knowing what the weather was like,no money in my pocket after the weekend, and still i never said once i was bored,the only thing was i did have a job, and there was plenty of those about, not as today no jobs to be had.,,are well enough said. goodnight.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2013 02:38 

F/CPO F/CPO

Fancy us bored, indeed, remember all those months on Beira Patrol Mick?
No runs ashore, no nothing, its no wonder we all came off there screaming alcoholics,
bored indeed. As if..

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2013 19:02 

Lt Lt

Harry H wrote:
Fancy us bored, indeed, remember all those months on Beira Patrol Mick?
No runs ashore, no nothing, its no wonder we all came off there screaming alcoholics,
bored indeed. As if..
i loved it on beira patrol, all that sea time,, remember as you lot put it i did spend a lot of time on reserve fleet. no i was never bored. you know i never even got bored on the reserve fleet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2013 17:25 

Commodore Commodore

probably not Mick recounting all those exciting places you had visited to the young and impressionable that you met in such exciting places as Torpoint!

But BORED God how I wished at time that I had the time to be bored, still do!

As has been said the youth of today seem to be able to nothing but "I'm bored" well here's a little tip sonny - get of your fat arse and do something, swithcof your computer and go outside, you never know you might just find some interesting things out there.........no probably not you might have to work!!!!!!!! Terrible as the world owes you a living or so you think!

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2013 23:49 

F/CPO F/CPO

Mick get your arse into gear and start commenting on this site somewhere.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next