{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 24 Oct 2018 04:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: What might have been
PostPosted: 21 Feb 2007 23:43 

F/CPO F/CPO

In 1960 I was on a small vessel patrolling the Mallacca Straits between Indonesia and Malaya (As it was then) looking for gun runners. No names, so no packdrill as they say. One evening we spied a suspicious vessel and we readied a boarding party. Being part of the boarding party we went onboard for a search. My mate and I were detailed to the crews quarters for a rummage. We didn't find any guns, but behind some panelling we found an old fashioned square biscuit tin. On opening it we found it crammed with U.S. dollars. I smiled and looked at my mate who also smiled and lifted his eyebrows. We were just going to stuff our shirts when we heard "What you got there Lads". Bugger me days it was some officious P.O. looking at us. "You wern't thinking of not handing that in were you" he said. "No of course not we sadly replied" I had it all worked out in my mind changing it in small amounts with the Indian money changers that used to hang around Change Alley in Singapore. What the heck, we would have only spent it on grog, whores, and fast living.
Yes what might have been.
Harry

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2007 20:28 

Commodore Commodore

Aye that's the trouble with honesty, gets in the way of a good life don't it! Howd the PO know you were not going to donate it to some orphange down Nee Soon way for little children whose Daddies being from another world had returned to the planet from whence they came (less expences of course). why not sounds plausable to me! 8)

Post subject: Re: What might have been
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2007 20:45 

Site Admin Site Admin

Don't tell me you handed it in to the officious P.O.
Quote:
:lol: "What you got there Lads". Bugger me days it was some officious P.O. looking at us. "You wern't thinking of not handing that in were you" he said.

if you did he probably
Quote:
8) had it all worked out in my mind changing it in small amounts with the Indian money changers that used to hang around Change Alley in Singapore.

Ray
:mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2007 20:49 

Commodore Commodore

As if! Would our Petty Officers do such a thing (only if they knew they could get away with it) :wink: