{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 19 Sep 2017 23:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: RUNS ASHORE
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2017 12:17 

PO PO

mick faibrother wrote:
thats one more than we where aloud, so they tried to tell us..on the eagle one of the naafi lads came from where i live so he let me have whatever i wanted...

When we son Hecate we ran dry for 6 weeks. They drank it all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o. The NAFFI Damager was always aloud to write off 4 cans on each corner of the crate, when we stored ship :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017 15:09 

Commodore Commodore

Seems fair there was a lot of brakages with that kind of cardboard box! As for drinking, wasn't that what was supposed to happen? should have ordered more, I mean ditch all the unecessary stuff (like shells and paint and stuff) and fill 'er up! Didn't the Hecate have a nice big hanger - make a lovely beer locker, who needs mail from home if you are pished all the time?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017 19:34 

Lt Lt

STRIKER the best you could have a create when ever you wanted it,, one pound a create, usually bottles of stubby, that was a eye opener for me.. WHAT A SHIP THAT WAS..

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017 22:03 

Commodore Commodore

I'd have thought you'd have been at home on a ship (?) called STRIKER! Sort of the story of your life I believe! Always on strike over this or that or striking something or other!

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017 19:15 

Lt Lt

not me,,i did have one day on strike, and even when i was union man never had to call men out on strike,,so easy to sort thinks out there and then..never lost a case when i had to go in with a man. thats one job i really enjoyed..

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2017 19:40 

Lt Lt

always remember one time when the pay rise time came around, the offer was three percent, well the big hits, that was not enough for them , talked to the lower rated men to turn it down,, so in i went saw the manager who asked me a way out of strike action..easy i said offer the men all the same money across the board,, he said do you think the men will take that..went back put it to the vote, yes they did, the big hitters did not like it one bit.,. trouble was there was more lower paid men than them..and that was the first time everyone got the same amount rise...easy peassy. AND I NEVER MADE A PENNY OUT OF THAT..

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2017 17:14 

Commodore Commodore

Other than your wages of course and the eternal thanks of the Colliery Manager - no doubt a few "brown envelopes" came your way after that little job! You learned a fair bit doing rum bosun didn't you? Of which a lot of course did somebody a lot of good - maybe not finacially of course but . . . . . . well money isn't everything now is it? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2017 19:17 

Commodore Commodore

Frenchie1 wrote:
The NAFFI Damager was always aloud to write off 4 cans on each corner of the crate, when we stored ship :D

4 cans off each corner, thats 16 cans total and with 24 cans in a crate - that's some 8 cans to actually sell! Virtually giving it away, no wonder it all got drunk! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2017 19:59 

Lt Lt

i say you are good at your sums...

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2017 15:13 

Commodore Commodore

Nope just good at pinching tinnies of beer!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next