{}

Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 23 May 2018 09:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: aircraft carrier
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 21:01 

Commodore Commodore

Probably about as far as it will be allowed to go! It might get broken otherwise!!

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 21:06 

Commodore Commodore

Come to think of it why go to Gib? We've got nothing there, HMS Rooke closed down a couple of years ago. The Dockyard as was is now closed (what's left is being used for civilian purposes) Apart from a few old has been matelots and a small army base (which covers everybody) that's Gib - the might Base. Even the London Bar is closed! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 20:08 

Lt Lt

The ĺondon bar was one of my locals when last there, red barrel , watneys

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2018 13:06 

Commodore Commodore

Aye, when last in Gib for the reunion I went up there to take a look and maybe have a beer or to for old time sakes - it was shut and looked like it had been for a fair while, times change. Mind you Gib it self has changed a lot - so too has Singapore, mate of mine has just done some six months posting there and his description of the place is awful! I think we saw the place at the right time. Malta too (Gozo is still the same, a hole) all gone! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: They all wanted rid of us and got their wish, now their countries are really going down hill

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018 20:42 

Lt Lt

FIRST OF ALL IM BACK,,,you are right there mate, i think we saw the best of them places..ive had some good times in malta and gib, never did like singers that much.. just outside the gates in singers was enough for me..only went into singers twice and both times i was caught by the shore patrol.[sent back onboard, not telling you what for.] cinema and dockyard canteen was my main run ashore... HOW SAD...

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018 19:13 

Commodore Commodore

I had some good times in Singers, some of the best times where when I was on the shore patrol unit! 24 about - I day in the wagon the next getting a lift back in it! Normally we were picked up by the patrol with a killick Patrolman driving it so he knew us (just as well, we did the same with his watch) One night I was in a certain place when it got raided (wasn't too amused about that, we normally kept each other informed when a place was due to be raided), the RPO running the raid looked at me and said "I know you don't I?" 'Who me RPO? never seen you in my life' as the Killick driving the wagon grabbed me and heaved me in the back, whispering in my ear get in get low and shut the fuck up! Got back to Patrol HQ and stayed where I was. Got out some ten minutes later, went inside as if nothing had happened and went into my cell (we used some of the cells as bedrooms to safe having to go up to barracks so we could relieve early in the morning) and got my head down. Jolly days!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018 20:47 

Lt Lt

mind you i even got filled in in the dockyard canteen,,,bloody big evil chef picking on a drunken sailor .only time i have ever had stitches,,,,made a right mess of my face..

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018 20:57 

Commodore Commodore

Wasn't a bloke with six fingers on each hand now was it?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018 21:04 

Lt Lt

never had chance to look at his bloody fingers..all i remember was getting up outside the dockyard canteen after he had kicked me in that ditch..three times he kicked me back into it before he was made to stop..

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2018 22:01 

Commodore Commodore

oh dear oh dear! Not good, not good at all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next