Jacks Corner

a Chance for a few old Salts to Cackle

It is currently 22 Nov 2017 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: ask computer queeries
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2007 07:57 

CPO CPO

Hi Ray.

I have tried to load photos that would be of interest to the group, one of theODIN in roughers round Iceland and the one I told you about, re: the old stokers shovelling coal into the boilers.

I run a mac system X 10.4.8 broadband using firefox.
Mac mouses don't have a right button to click .
I load these photos onto my desktop, but I don't understand how to write the [img]********[/img] to send them to the group.

could you help me please, I know how to load them on emails from both msn and firefox.

regards and thanks in advance.doug.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: 12 May 2007 08:28 

Site Admin Site Admin

pingbosun wrote:
Hi Ray.
I have tried to load photos that would be of interest to the group, one of theODIN in roughers round Iceland and the one I told you about, re: the old stokers shovelling coal into the boilers.

I run a mac system X 10.4.8 broadband using firefox.
Mac mouses don't have a right button to click .
I load these photos onto my desktop, but I don't understand how to write the [img]********[/img] to send them to the group.

could you help me please, I know how to load them on emails from both msn and firefox.

regards and thanks in advance.doug.

To attach an image in a post the image must be on the web somewhere so it can be viewed and its 'location' is 'boxed' by the "img" ...../... "img", in the same way as a "URL".

Therefore if you have a website where the photos/img are located that’s the address for the image otherwise you would need to send them to me and I will upload them to a folder and then I can either give you the address or put them in for you.

It’s like when you put in your funnies/ smilies in your other posts they are on the web at “photobucket.com/albums” ......... hope that helps........

Ray..........

:mrgreen:

NOW THIS FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADEd YOU CAN UPLOAD BY THE ATTACHMENT WHEN SUBMITTING A POST

PostPosted: 12 May 2007 11:09 

CPO CPO

Hi Ray. I think that I am beginning to getthe hang of it, f what I think doesn't work I'll send them all to you.

I've got a few that might be of interest to the group, also an old one of me, when I was on the Ship, and one taken last Anzac day 25 April.

So I'll get round and send the to you.
\Many thanks for the help doug

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2007 21:45 

CPO CPO

G'day mate..

Had a quick look at both your own webpage and this one for loading photos.

Will have a better look later, but both look OK
pingbosun

pingbosun

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2015 17:05 

Commodore Commodore

Sir I have a large black plastic disc with a hole in the middle, my question is "is this a record?"